Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Monday 10 September 2012

Sunday 9th September 2012

Sunday was more work, and a bit busier lunchtime back at the Bricklayers Arms, but fewer ales available on Sunday...
 

We drank the excellent 'wheat beer' Wolf Brewery Straw Dog at 4.5%, pale and refreshing, slightly fruity and a hint of being 'sour', very European in style, and very enjoyable, so much so, that we had 3 pints with our sandwiches, this time bought in Sainsbury's...


When I left the Routemeister's new abode in Putney, I walked down to the Upper Richmond Road and caught the 337 bus to Clapham Junction, happily arriving early enough to step into the Falcon before catching my train...


Here, at the longest pub bar (according to the Guinness Book of Records), from the great array of ales available, I drank the Itchen Valley Calypso, a 4.1% 'American Pale Ale', ie, American hops. Not bad, but I missed the opportunity to drink another Purity ale, as I'd not spotted it on my arrival, oh well...
 
Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment