Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Sunny Weekend in East Sussex 1 Friday11-11-11


Not much football for me this weekend past, jealous of those following teams with matches, but walked about 40 miles and had a few pints. I'll only mention 3 of the hostelries visited, as I'll mention others again, no doubt, or have already talked about them here or elsewhere.
First, on Friday, after observing a minutes silence, I met my brother, and walked from Hastings to Bexhill on Sea, and back again, along the coastal path/beaches.
Not a bad walk either, but a fairly new pub for me to visit, the Dripping Well, and a brand new place for Dan.
Aside from the local 'Spoons', the Dripping Well provides the cheapest ale in Hastings, and in very good condition! 3 regular ales, though they do have a 4th pump, but no immediate plans to add to the 3 ales, ie Wadworth's Henry's IPA and Adnams' Southwold, both at £2.60 a pint, and Courage Directors at £2.95 a pint; for comparison, a measure of Jamesons is £2.20, though I didn't check on the size, I'm guessing, at that price, 25mls. We drank the Wadworth's, which was a good beer to start the evening with, light and gently bitter.
Friendly place, with a relatively new owner, longer serving barstaff, and a freehouse to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment