Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Thursday 21 February 2013

The Bricklayers Arms in Putney, February 2013


So, 2 visits to the Bricklayers Arms in Putney in just a few days of February… First with my brother, the ‘Routemeister’, then alone-ish; but I’m never alone, obviously, as I chat so much.  As Dan says, this is MY local in Putney, not his, despite his living very close and me not. Always, up to 12 real ales available, unless a beer festival is in progress, or just ended, and then, well, the Pub’s your oyster… eg the current 'Yorkshire Beer Festival', 20th to 24th February (website), which should be a home from home for me, though I’ll, sadly, not be able to make this one.  


Amongst the many ales available on the Thursday were Front Row Collapsed (5.6%), a full bodied pale beer; Downton Dark Delight (5.5%), with a dark roasted malt flavour; Sarah Hughes Pale Amber, a 4% easy drinking pale beer; and Otley Rosie, a 4.3% redcurrant/berry flavoured ale.  On the Monday were ales including Downton Chimera IPA (6.8%) and Chocolate Orange Delight (5.8%), and Hobsons Old Henry, a 5.2% rich ‘auburn’ ale, Mild (3.2%) and Town Crier, an excellent 4.5% pale bitter!  
 
Then I walked back to Clapham Junction, but you, please do try to make the beer festival (me? Jealous much) - cheers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment