Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Saturday 23 February 2013

The Tower in St Leonards, Hastings (20-02-13)

I hadn't been to the Tower, London Road, St Leonards, Hastings, for quite a while, and not because it has a long address, but, well, I've been pretty busy, and a bit short of cash to boot! The Tower probably sells the best value good quality ales in the area, and you're pretty sure to get one of Dark Star's excellent pale beers, so the walk up to the Tower was a sensible move on Wednesday, and Lousia, the landlady, was present too... bonus!


So, what did they have to drink? 4 excellent ales were available, indeed, 2 from Dark Star and 2 from the West Country.  I started with Bath Ales Golden Hare, a 4.4% 'seasonal' full-bodied pale ale with a pronounced bitter aftertaste, very good. I then had a half of the St Austell Ruck & Roll (topical, rugby, see?), a slightly darker light bitter with a hint of nuts to the flavour.  Then a new member of staff arrived, the already efficient Jess, with her intricately painted union flag fingernails; worth taking the picture as I progressed to the Dark Star ales...   


I had a pint of the ever bitter, pale and hoppy, favourite of mine, Hophead (3.8%), at just the £2.30 a pint, can't get better than an excellent local ale at a very competitive price... then the improved (on what was already a very good beer recipe, presumably a variation of hops used) American Pale Ale (APA and 4.7%) at £2.40 a pint. I was a happy bunny on my way home, cheers to Louisa and Jess!

The Dolphin for my next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment