Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Friday 15 March 2013

Portobello - Newish West London brewery



A visit to Pissarros in Hastings, and what did I find?  Only an ale from W10, West London, ie from Portobello Brewing Company, which I believe started brewing at the end of 2012, or thereabouts.  As I live so close to the bar, I have to visit fairly regularly, obviously, despite they're not selling Hophead, and, on this occasion I was served by the delightful Czech lass, Lucy, cheers m'dear...


So, 3 ales on, 2 that appear to be regular now, certainly the ubiquitous Harveys Sussex Best (4%) is, and I drank the very good Long Man Old Man (4.3%) on my last visit, so must be fairly regular now. Yesterday, though, I tried the Portobello Star, a 4.3% "amber ale", which was certainly a good pint of bitter, not bad at all for a new recipe, which I presume it is; good things come from West London, cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment