Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Monday 6 January 2014

Sad news re the Lass O'Gowrie, Manchester

One of my least favourite brewers are quickly falling even lower in my estimation following their projected vision of the Lass O'Gowrie, one of my favourite pubs in Manchester, well it was anyway, see report


For those who have never been there, a wee appraisal of my own... When I first visited, they used to brew their own ales, as well as feature many guest and regular real ales, then, I remember their having Titanic as a regular, and I think Titanic were brewing for them too, now we have Greene King to (not) look forward to!

I have been here when just visiting Manchester, when carrying out research up there in my academic days, to eat lunch, for football reasons (they do have 2 big clubs!), before and after, and some good pals of mine in the Manc Rs used this as their 'local' to meet up in, so I shall have to find out where they will drink now.

Why do Greene King, and other larger brewers and pub companies, mess up good pubs, and without giving their licensees a chance to carry on and try to make up for lost business themselves? I doubt I'll ever visit the Lass again now, especially as there are other very good pubs in Manchester, shame...

Best wishes and good luck to Gareth Kavanagh! 


No comments:

Post a Comment