Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Wednesday 9 May 2012

"Albatross!" - Revisiting Bexhill


As I travelled to Bexhill-on-Sea to undergo training this morning, and the training was over by 12.00hrs, it felt reasonable to visit the Albatross Club again, the Royal Air Force Association's club, down by the beach near the De La Warr Pavilion; which is open to RAFA members, and CAMRA members too, hence my ability to gain entry. 

Convivial chat, good value food, and crackin' ales.  Todays ales included Dark Star Old Chestnut, as I drank this yesterday (see Pissarros), I gave it a miss today, but 2 excellent paler ales on too. Blackwater Monkey Business, 5.2% of pale beer with a hint of malt and dry aftertaste; this would have been good enough to drink anywhere, but they also had the, even better, in my humble opinion, Salopian Hop Twister.  This was 4.5% of even hoppier ale, pale, dry and bitter, with a 'fresher' taste, excellent!

Feeling suitably refreshed, I walked back along the fron to Hastings, nice walk, great ale and chat, cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment