Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Tuesday 29th May

Had a fair old wander yesterday, taking the scenic route (more details on my personal facebook page), well, one of the possible scenic routes, to Icklesham, and the Robin Hood, seeing as how we got there too late to have a drink 2 weeks ago!


Debbie and Darcy working behind the bar yesterday, nice discourse, and with the regular I know, Fred (much more of a  regular visitor than me too).  On the bar were the usual 2 ciders from Westons and the 5 ales were Canterbury Foundry Red Rye (3.6%), Longman Best, Adnam Southwold Bitter, and the 2 I drank, Millis Dartford Warbler (4.3%, medium coloured bitter with malty flavour, very nice) and Triple fff Pressed Rat & Warthog (3.8%, apparently sold as a mild, but I'd suggest too hoppy to be a traditional mild, nutty, slightly burnt malt flavour, plus dry and bitter aftertaste, as I say, not really a traditional mild, but very tasty!).


 Anyway, so people know the opening times, and don't miss out like we did: Mon-Thursday 11-3pm and 6-11pm; Fri/Saturday 11-11pm; Sunday 12-4pm and 7-10.30pm.  Above is the bar with hop vines hanging from the ceiling, very atmospheric (see my photo from previous visit too).


On leaving the Robin Hood, I walked back to Hastings (cash at a premium, and single bus fare from Icklesham to Hastings is ludicrously expensive, at least a pint and a half), and got a bit lost, well, not really lost, but I went in the wrong direction...

Back in Hastings, I visited the Dolphin, well I'd got very thirsty, despite the temperature dropping, as a fog came in from the sea.  On sale, the usual Directors, Sussex Best and Hophead, plus the seasonal regular Dark Star APA and Harveys Elizabethan Ale (5% 7.5% in bottles!); awaiting the Longman Sussex Best clearing, so a spare handpump.  I drank the APA, excellent!

Cheers :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment