Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Saturday 18 February 2012

Brighton Friday 17th February 2012 Victory Inn

A visit to Brighton, for a serious purpose in the morning, had to include a bit of research for my website, so lunchtime began at The Victory Inn, Duke Street, just up from, and along from, the 'Lanes'....
The Victory sells 4 local real ales, regular being WJ King's Brighton Best, plus I had Hepworth Iron Horse too (4.8% of pale, slightly bitter sweet, honest!), the 2 others being Dark Star Meltdown and Arundel Special Bitter.
They also sell 2 'real' ciders from handpumps, I saw Thatchers' Heritage and Cheddar Valley.
They also sell food from 12.00 to 'late', about 8pm to 9pm, I believe... Reasonable value, and looked good (I'd eaten my pre-packed lunch sitting looking at the beach about 11.40 ish). For example, Beer-battered fish and chips for £7.50, Lasagne £7.95, stews, steaks, sandwiches, sausage and mash etc etc...
Friendly, and ale knowledgeable staff too... good start to my Brighton visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment