Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Thursday 23 February 2012

Gardeners Arms, final Lewes pub 22 February.

OK, past the church of Thomas-a-Becket, near to Harveys, is The Gardeners Arms, another pub selling the ubiquitous Sussex Best, and also 5 guest ales, and a regularly changing cider, on my visit, Lilley's Crazy Goat (6.8%), a blended perry and cider!
As well as trying the cider/perry, I drank an ale from the Liverpool Craft Beer Company (never heard of them before, so had to give it a go), made with a new Zealand hop and called Tane Mahuta, it was a good 'golden' beer and quite bitter to finish.
Other guest ales included Nethergate Old Growler, Bank Top Jean Lafitte, and Harveys Sussex XXXX Old Ale and Kiss. I was assured the number of Harveys ales on sale was just chance, what was ready to serve, definitely not a Harveys tied house!
You will see the food menu above, not really a foodie pub, but a pickled egg with Peri Peri spicey flakes was shared with me for a treat by Russ the 'beer tester', cheers! In addition to the excellent company of Russ, I also enjoyed the company of many others here, including 'Mouse' and Lisa, the landlady. I felt quite at home, but had to leave sadly, but I shall return...
All in all, a great day was had in Lewes, thank you to all those who helped me to enjoy the day, CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment