Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Thursday 23 February 2012

Lewes - Black Horse Inn


On my way to the Black Horse Inn, I passed, and investigated, the oldest church in Lewes, the 'Norman' Parish Church of St Anne, the earliest parts of which date from the early 12th century, ie the tower, nave and the south chapel.
Bit of memory time for me here now, the Black Horse Inn was my B&B when I stayed in Lewes in the late 1990s whilst attending a conference for a few days at Sussex University. This is still a cracking pub, with 3 ales on offer at any time, ostensibly a Greene King pub, B&B and food too, but the only Greene King ale on offer was the Hardys & Hansons Olde Trip, now brewed by Greene King, in it's guise as a new 'national' brewer (See CAMRA). They also had 2 Sussex ales on offer, Dark Star's Old Chestnut, and one of my new favourites, Hophead, which I drank here.
I enjoyed meeting and chatting to the barman (from Doncaster) and a fellow drinker (from Aberdeen). Great time, and fond memories stimulated, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment