Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Thursday 16 February 2012

My 21st wedding anniversary


OK, my 21st Wedding Anniversary... Yay! Celebrations... only, we've been living apart for over 10 years and half of those 'celebratory' years, consequently, aren't real anniversarial years...
BUT!! We're still friends, which I am very happy to share... So definitely worth sharing, and celebrating, not that I need an excuse.
So, what did I do today?
I walked a bit, and drank a bit, first at the White Rock Hotel, virtually opposite the pier in Hastings, where, as usual, they had 4 real ales, all from local breweries, on sale for £3 a pint, not a bad price for a hotel, and one in a seaside resort to boot!
The weather's improved, but don't hold your breath, and I enjoyed a pint of the VERY good Hepworth Classic Old Ale at the White Rock Hotel, a bit different to yesterday, when I had their cooked breakfast and a pot of coffee, impressive too, though! Not that impressed with the Red River though...
This Old Ale is a very tasty dark ale, and, ranks up there with my favourite winter beers, so was a great start to my celebrations... Winter time, so coldish, and the ales at the Hotel are good to drink at this time of year (I wouldn't recommend this as a Summertime place to drink as their ales are usually too warm then).
From there, eastward, along the beach, towards the Dolphin...
The Dolphin only has 5 ales on at this time of the year, only, I say... the usual 3 regulars, Dark Star Hophead, Courage Directors and the ubiquitous Harveys Sussex Best, with 2 guests (up to 3 available depending on the time of year and circumstances), Joseph Holts Two Hoots (4.2% of pale, but not outstanding ale) and Wychwood's Dirty Tackle (4% of more interesting ale).
Of course, and those who know me well will appreciate, I here drank the Hophead, a cracking pale, bitter, dry, and very hoppy ale... my 'usual' actually, and a few too many, but who's counting... I'm not in a real marriage now, yay, and...
CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment