Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Saturday 23 June 2012

Swan & Rushes, Leicester

Just received a report from Dan about one of my favourite pubs in the country, the Swan & Rushes (website) in Leicester, still living up to my expectations, still selling Oakham Ales (website).  Dan is there right now after I recommended it to him following his request, but I've visited quite a few times for sports reasons, it being an excellent pub, plus near the rugby and football grounds, and also near the Infirmary! I was there on the same weekend as the Leicester Beer Festival a few years ago, and the Swan had its own beer festival with many ales out the back!  


Anyway, 6 ales here and many Belgian beers, Dan drank the Oakham Bishop's Farewell (4.6% of pale, hoppy fruitiness, smooth and slightly bitter), the other 2 regulars being Oakham JHB and Batemans XB.  They also have 3 guest ales, today they include Oakham Citra (4.2%), which I still have to try, but believe I may get the chance in Hastings very soon, and Dark Star Summer Meltdown at 4.8%, a golden bitter from one of my local brewers down in Sussex (website). 

Dan is impressed by the pub, liked the music too, but said that no food was available today, though usually food is available at lunchtimes Monday to Friday and Wednesday and Friday evenings, and I've always known sandwiches, at least, to be available during the football season Saturday lunchtimes too. 

Cheers for the update and photograph Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment