Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Saturday 21 July 2012

Friday 20th July

Yesterday, I walked to Bexhill-on-Sea and back along the front, and a nice day it was (mostly);  I returned to Hastings via St Leonards-on-Sea, where I walked uphill to the Tower, 251 London Road TN37 6NB. 

I was looking forward to having a chat with the landlady, Louisa, sadly (for me, not her, obviously), she was having a short break away from work, so I shall have to put that chat on hold.  However, I was very happy to meet Linda, who provided a friendly and efficient presence behind the bar. I also had a good chat to a few lads this side of the bar, about anagrams, books and cricket mostly. I also had (what is left of) my hair 'ruffled' by a very pretty young lass, though, for more than one reason, I think she may have been a bit 'merry', and she did call me 'cheeky'  ;-)

Anyway, I drank 2 pints of Dark Star's American Pale Ale (APA), at 4.7%, which, as regular readers will realise by now, I do like, and at only £2.40 a pint, I was very happy to imbibe! There were also Sunburst (4.8%) and Saison (4.5%) from Dark Star, and Boadicea Ale, at 4.5%, from Rother Valley Brewery. So, 4 great ales from 2 local breweries, I'm beginning to like the Tower more and more the more often I visit the pub ;-)


Still a lovely bright day, though I was passed on the way down Bohemia Road, and I reached the Dripping Well, near to the centre of Hastings, where I had a good chat to the landlord, Nick, and discourse with very interesting and delightful charafters this side of the bar as well. 

Nick has been experimenting with ales on offer at the Dripping Well since he took over the pub, but has kept serving Directors and Henry's IPA as regulars; them being the two ales his regular customers drink mostly. Today, he had Hastings Best Bitter (4.1%), a very local ale, and quite a tasty medium coloured bitter, a well-balanced bitter typical of the South East, and at only £2.70 a pint, I was happy to drink a couple of pints (and the rain that persisted down during my visit meant I had to drink a couple of pints, it would have been rude, and very silly, to leave). 

The regular Sunday lunchtime music sessions are less regular now, next to be in September, but now there are Wednesday evening sessions too, I think it's the first Wednesday in the month, but I shall check on that next Wednesday week and, consequently, pass on more info then. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment