Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Wednesday 18 July 2012

The John Logie Baird, Hastings

OK, I rarely go into Wetherspoons anywhere, but I have to own up to having a pint in The John Logie Baird, who lived and worked in the area whilst inventing tv, don't you know?!?  The pub, as you can see, doubles up as a bus stop (the people to the right are waiting for a bus, though I managed to keep the stop itself out of sight), and, just inside, people seem to be using it as an office, creche, some even eating and drinking in here...


Anyway, I've been here twice in less than a week, which is a new venture for me. On Friday, I had a mug of tea and bacon sandwich/roll/cobb (depending on where you're from) for £1.99, and, as CAMRA members like me can get 50p off a pint, was interested to try a pint of Brewsters Pandora, a 4.8% medium coloured 'bronze' bitter, slightly fruity, and, at £1.99 a pint, a very decent pint indeed, especially as I got it for £1.49 with my CAMRA discount token. Thanks Mr Spoon...

Today, though, I got back early from my morning constitutional walk and had a pint of Westerham 1965 Special Bitter Ale, again 4.8%, and again, costing just £1.49 with my discount. Good stuff!

They're also holding a Cider 'festival' at the moment, with pints from £2.20 a pint upwards, though I was sensible, and avoided one of those that early in the day. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment