Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Sunday 28th April



I wanted to watch football on television, so where in Hastings can you drink a good pint of beer at great value prices, and watch Sky Sports too?  Obviously, the Tower, London Road (now added to our website too, though I shall be adding to that page a bit more soon, ie Hastings St Leonards, and to feature in the next CAMRA Good Beer Guide too, congratulations to the landlady, Louisa, and all her colleagues!).  Great snacks on the bar for a Sunday lunchtime, the lovely Sara behind the bar, Louisa and beau this side when I arrived, and good company at the bar too, and ales...  


Look at the 4 above... 3 Dark Star ales and an interesting pale, quite bitter, ale from a brewery I'd never heard of, Dancing Duck, their 5.5% Abduction, not bad, but a bit strong for lunchtime, and 3 excellent ales from Dark Star to chose from!  I gave the 5% "red ale" Carafa Jade a miss, still a bit too strong, but, quite frankly, I couldn't get past the two other excellent paler ales, and difficult to chose which I preferred, though I may go marginally for the 4.8% Sunburst, a "golden ale", though a very pale 'golden', bitter and thirst quenching, loved it, and at only £2.60 a pint, eat your hearts out folks!  Oh yes, and there was the, also excellent, American Pale Ale (APA) at 4.7%, marginally 'weaker', and £2.40 a pint... So I drank a couple of pints of both, cheers Louisa and Sara, I was spoilt! 


And an update for the Dolphin, Rock a Nore, Hastings, where I had a couple of pints before walking up to the Tower, and a lovely slice of orange cake from the wonderful Maz behind the bar, and cheese and pickled onions, ta Mark.  Their regular 'seasonal' ale for the summer has returned, and probably will be on sale for 4 or 5 months, maybe longer, ie Dark Star APA, and the regular Dark Star Hophead too, great stuff!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment