Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Thursday 19 April 2012

Lady Greys, Newcastle

I've just found out about Lady Greys in Newcastle, and, as you'll see, it's worth a mention. As ever, I'd be grateful for feedback...


Lady Greys offers a fine selection of food and drink, including local produce from cask breweries and local farms in Northumberland. There is a friendly atmosphere, with a mixed clientele, and comfort is provided, thanks to their oversized chesterfield sofas; just the place for someone like me to fall asleep in (ask my brother).


They serve 4 regularly changing cask ales (eg Anchor Liberty and Allendale Golden Plover were on at the time of writing), Mordue Northumbrian Blonde as a regular, bottled beers (including many from Belgium and my old friends at Goose Island in Chicago), wine, and spirits from around the world, with knowledgeable staff to provide advice.



Traditional British food is served up with, what I’ve been told is a modern influence (the menu is varied and looks reyt interesting), and homemade burgers and pies. They have “2 for 1” offers for Sunday roasts and a hearty Sunday brunch menu.


Many thanks to Michael at Lady Greys for providing the above information and photographs; which I have edited. If you’d like to find out more, or wish to visit, which I shall have to plan for, go to www.ladygreys.co.uk


Michael has recently extended the opening hours until 2am, Monday-Saturday.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment