Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Saturday 21 April 2012

General Havelock, Hastings, reopens

The General Havelock reopened Friday 20th April, and now selling real ales...


Having been invited to the reopening 'party' on Thursday, I duly attended, and spent time chatting to Mo and Laura from the Dolphin, amongst other people, including the lovely Ellen (barstaff, but officially off duty tonight).  Jamie the landlord turned up and, cheers Jamie, put some money for drinks behind the bar, and supplied a buffet (though I'd already eaten, so missed out on this).


Anyway, I had plenty of time to enjoy the listed Royal Doulton tiles, including the Battle of Hastings (above) and Hastings fishermen doing their bit for king and country as one of the Cinque Ports (below)...


2 real ales on to begin with (Sussex Best and Youngs Special), within days to be 3, and soon to be 4... then it depends on customers really...

Good luck to Jamie and his team, cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant news, assuming I ever venture as far saaaarf as Hastings I'll be sure to pop in, looks great mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I missed this at the time, I think my co-author here gets all the notification emails, I'll have to chat to him about that... Cheers!

      Delete