Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Monday 9 April 2012

Back to Hastings

OK, only the first photo here is new, after all, the other two are pubs I've been to many times before, and it was a pretty dire day, what would be the point of taking damp photographs? So, the Hastings Arms...


I've not been here before, hence it's dominance in this blog today, a Shepherd Neame pub that sells food, although, on this Bank Holiday Monday, they were fast running out of some food options; much food was still available, however, but it had been very busy yesterday + it was wet and relatively cold today, so, on this bank holiday Monday, people were soon seeking shelter in pubs and eating, good business...
4 of their own (Shepherd Neame) ales are on sale; today, I drank Bishop's Tipple, always a very good beer! They also had Dragon Fire (for St George's Day, a strangely newly visited 'celebration' in England, as I can't remember ever caring about celebrating a Turkish or Hungarian knight, whichever version you believe, in my early years), Amber Ale, and Spitfire had just run out. Spitfire and Kent's Best are regulars, usually...
Their lagers are above average choices, with Orangeboom and Hurlimans Export on sale, live Blues is performed on Monday evenings, 9-11pm, and a warm and friendly reception I did receive. The manager, I presume he was anyway, and barmaid, were both easy to talk to, and at least one customer caught my eye, nudge nudge ;-)

Of course, as it is my local, I had visited the Dolphin first and had a few pints there. As you know by now, I love the regular Dark Star Hophead, among their 5 ales on sale at the moment. Mark, the landlord, accepted a glass of Hastings HPA, a guest ale, from me...
Then, I met up with 2 friends, Paul and John, both from South East London, Millwall and Charlton respectively, this is South East London on Sea, after all, at the Cinque Ports...
As they always sell Fullers ESB here, that's what I drank today, as ever, also the ubiquitous Sussex Best was on sale, and Hastings HPA too. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment