Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Tuesday 8 January 2013

4th January - Bexhill and the Albatross Club

A lovely walk along the front to Bexhill on Sea and a New Year visit to the Albatross Club. This blog is a bit later than I was hoping to post because I have had problems loading photographs onto Blogger, so this is an older photograph already loaded... hence the rather more sunny aspect!


To drink in The Albatross Club, as I've said before, you need to be a member of the RAFA, or have a friend who can sign you in who is a member, or belong to CAMRA, hence my permission to gain entrance.  Though on Friday, I decided to join the RAFA as an associate member ("about time!" I hear from Geoff and Peter, not to mention John and Jonathan), so my application is now with the membership secretary.

So what 4 ales were on sale for the good value £2.60 a pint for members and friends, and CAMRA members?  2 from Dark Star Brewery, the 4.7% American Pale Ale (APA) and 3.8% Hophead, both nice pale and hoppy ales, as you will have already noted from my previous blogs, and I certainly partook of the Hophead on Friday.  They also had Youngs Special (4.5%) and Rother Valley Level Best, a 4% ale I have drunk before, a nice light coloured bitter with a hint of that nutty flavour you taste from some hops, yes, I had a pint of this before the Hophead.

By the way, when I first visited The Albatross, there were only 3 lines for real ales, now there are 4, and in a couple of months this is to become 5 lines.  Geoff and his colleagues who work the bar and cellar are certainly putting up an excellent showing for real ale in Bexhill... This is the only place to visit for real ale in Bexhill really, and they provide a good value food menu too!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment