Enjoy Playing Away From Home . . .

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Hastings 2 - Old Town, East Side

Second day of Hastings (only 2 more to go).
The Dolphin, selling 5-6 real ales at any time. A great place to drink in for barflies like me, sells well-conditioned ales, friendly staff and customers. The 5 ales on at the moment are the 3 regulars, Dark Star Hophead (OK, by now you'll know it's what I usually drink), Courage Directors and the ubiquitous Harveys Sussex Best. 2 guests at the moment, Youngs Special, and Harveys Porter has replaced the Old Ale. In a Youngs pub, I'd drink Special, but then, if a Youngs pub was selling Hophead, I'd likely drink that ;-)
Last night they had a 'Mexican' night with food and music; I missed the chilli and fajitas, they've added Sausage & Mash night to the regular evening food nights (used to be just fish & chip night on Mondays), so keep on watching, the chef is looking to expand.


The Stag, allegedly, the oldest pub in Hastings, though there are many who would argue... A Shepherds Neame pub, which, on this weeks visit had the regular Bishop's Finger, Kent's Best and Thatcher's Heritage cider, and Shep's Amber Ale (a 'winter warmer' - not in my opinion) and Thwaites Wainright. I love Bishop's Finger, so guess what I drank?!?
Finally, the Cinque Ports Inn, which sells Sussex Best and Fullers ESB... OK, those who know me will know what I drink here, as one has little flavour, and the other is a favourite of mine from the West London brewery, oozing with flavour ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment